'Star Wars: Episode VII' to Hold Casting Call in Chicago (Report)
Lucasfilm is searching for a young man and a young woman to fill two roles in the 2015 tentpole.
Will the Force be strong in Chicago?
Lucasfilm is setting its sights on the Windy City to find castmembers for its upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, The Chicago Tribune reports.
Casting director Maryellen Aviano will be in Chicago Nov. 14 in search of young actors to fill two roles. One will be for a female in the 17-18 range to play a character named Rachel. She is described as a "street smart, independent, athletic, natural beauty," with the role open to "all ethnicities, multi & bi-racial."
A male in the 19-23 range is also being sought to play a character described as "athletic, smart, handsome," and "independent spirited." The character, named Thomas, has "grown up without a father's influence. Without the model of being a man, he doesn't have the strongest sense of himself." Both descriptions are very similar to those in a recent casting call in the United Kingdom.
The casting call will be held from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Park West in Lincoln Park.
Filming for the anticipated Disney and Lucasfilm tentpole is set to begin in the first quarter of 2014 at London's Pinewood Studios. On Thursday, Episode VII set a release date of Dec. 18, 2015.
Director J.J. Abrams and longtime Lucasfilm collaborator Lawrence Kasdan are handling the script after last month's exit of Michael Arndt.
See the similar casting call from the U.K. below.
— Claire Curry (@UKopencall) November 5, 2013
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)