'Star Wars' Fanatics Invade Germany
The town of Essen will host what is billed as Europe's largest gathering of the franchise's die-hard fans, and this year's event boasts a RealD presentation of "Attack of the Clones."
LONDON – Germany seems the place to be for Star Wars fanboys and girls this weekend.
The German town of Essen, to be exact, which will play host to the Star Wars Celebration, billed as Europe’s largest such convention.
Because of a sponsorship deal with 3D tech giants RealD, convention attendees will enjoy 3D rendered screenings including Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones at the show.
Audiences also are being promised RealD limited-edition bespoke souvenir 3D glasses in celebration of the screenings.
Star Wars Celebration includes exhibits, an interactive show floor, screenings, celebrity guests, panels, autograph sessions, fan-inspired activities and other surprises.
The convention runs July 26 to 28 in the German city.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty