'Star Wars' Fanatics Invade Germany
The town of Essen will host what is billed as Europe's largest gathering of the franchise's die-hard fans, and this year's event boasts a RealD presentation of "Attack of the Clones."
LONDON – Germany seems the place to be for Star Wars fanboys and girls this weekend.
The German town of Essen, to be exact, which will play host to the Star Wars Celebration, billed as Europe’s largest such convention.
Because of a sponsorship deal with 3D tech giants RealD, convention attendees will enjoy 3D rendered screenings including Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones at the show.
Audiences also are being promised RealD limited-edition bespoke souvenir 3D glasses in celebration of the screenings.
Star Wars Celebration includes exhibits, an interactive show floor, screenings, celebrity guests, panels, autograph sessions, fan-inspired activities and other surprises.
The convention runs July 26 to 28 in the German city.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)