'Star Wars' Fanatics Invade Germany
The town of Essen will host what is billed as Europe's largest gathering of the franchise's die-hard fans, and this year's event boasts a RealD presentation of "Attack of the Clones."
LONDON – Germany seems the place to be for Star Wars fanboys and girls this weekend.
The German town of Essen, to be exact, which will play host to the Star Wars Celebration, billed as Europe’s largest such convention.
Because of a sponsorship deal with 3D tech giants RealD, convention attendees will enjoy 3D rendered screenings including Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones at the show.
Audiences also are being promised RealD limited-edition bespoke souvenir 3D glasses in celebration of the screenings.
Star Wars Celebration includes exhibits, an interactive show floor, screenings, celebrity guests, panels, autograph sessions, fan-inspired activities and other surprises.
The convention runs July 26 to 28 in the German city.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR