J.J. Abrams, Simon Pegg Chat About 'Star Wars' Fandom (Video)
The "Star Trek Into Darkness" actor and director informally discuss the George Lucas space saga.
Comedian Simon Pegg and director J.J. Abrams may have just completed two Star Trek movies -- but they both share a well-documented fondness for Star Wars.
Abrams, tapped by Disney to helm the upcoming Star Wars Episode VII, recently joined Pegg (Scotty in Trek) for an informal Sky Movies chat about the George Lucas franchise. The video was widely circulated on May the Fourth, which has been deemed a Star Wars holiday for fans noting the pun.
In the conversation with Pegg, Abrams explained that, in adapting Star Wars, he doesn't have the "safety net" of not being a fan like he did with the Trek films.
"It forced questions about what we we're doing; it couldn't just be acceptable because it existed and I loved it cause I was a fan," Abrams said of rebooting the Star Trek series.
"Now the title, The Further Adventures of Jar Jar Binks -- wise?" quipped Pegg in reference to the ridiculed character in the 1999 Lucas prequel, The Phantom Menace.
Watch the conversation below:
Follow Heat Vision
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor