'Star Wars: Rebels' Characters Debut Via Lego Announcement
Two Lego set announcements reveal new character names (and a new spaceship) for the Disney animated space series.
Neither Lucasfilm nor Disney Channel have been particularly forthcoming with details about Star Wars: Rebels, the new animated series set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope that will debut this fall. Thankfully, Lego is here to reveal a little bit more about who we'll be watching fight the Empire in a galaxy far, far away.
Information about two Rebels sets was released to USA Today, each one featuring a starship and pilot or crew with appropriately ridiculous-sounding names. The Ghost, a 929 piece set, will feature the main ship and cast from the show -- a "cowboy Jedi" by the name of Kanan Jarrus, Hera Syndulla, Zeb Orrelios and an Imperial Stormtrooper for good measure.
The smaller Phantom set, which has 234 pieces, includes the Phantom -- think an X-Wing but not as glamorous -- with pilot Ezra Bridger (a character officially unveiled by Lucasfilm elsewhere today) and "grouchy astromech droid" Chopper.
Both sets will be released to toy stores on August 1. Star Wars: Rebels will launch on Disney Channel with a one-hour special this fall, before the regular series moves to Disney XD.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- See the Visually Striking Trailer for Young Ones, With Michael Shannon and Elle Fanning
- The Feminist Horror Author You Need to Read Immediately
- ‘Age Has No Expiration Date’ Is the New ‘Blurred Lines,’ Says Pharrell in New Music Video
- Zoe Saldana Understands Why You Would Mistake Her for Other Black Actresses
- Lea Michele & Boyfriend Matthew Paetz Hit the Big Apple After Italian Getaway
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic Scores First Number 1 Album in 30 Year Career, MAGIC!'s 'Rude' Remains Number 1 Song
- Jake Gyllenhaal Enters World of Crime Reporting in First 'Nightcrawler' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Zoe Saldana Almost Quit Acting After Her Role in 'Pirates of the Caribbean': 'It Was Very Elitist'