'Star Wars: Rebels' Characters Debut Via Lego Announcement
Two Lego set announcements reveal new character names (and a new spaceship) for the Disney animated space series.
Neither Lucasfilm nor Disney Channel have been particularly forthcoming with details about Star Wars: Rebels, the new animated series set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope that will debut this fall. Thankfully, Lego is here to reveal a little bit more about who we'll be watching fight the Empire in a galaxy far, far away.
Information about two Rebels sets was released to USA Today, each one featuring a starship and pilot or crew with appropriately ridiculous-sounding names. The Ghost, a 929 piece set, will feature the main ship and cast from the show -- a "cowboy Jedi" by the name of Kanan Jarrus, Hera Syndulla, Zeb Orrelios and an Imperial Stormtrooper for good measure.
The smaller Phantom set, which has 234 pieces, includes the Phantom -- think an X-Wing but not as glamorous -- with pilot Ezra Bridger (a character officially unveiled by Lucasfilm elsewhere today) and "grouchy astromech droid" Chopper.
Both sets will be released to toy stores on August 1. Star Wars: Rebels will launch on Disney Channel with a one-hour special this fall, before the regular series moves to Disney XD.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR