'Star Wars' Web Series Promotes 'Course of the Force' Relay (Video)
The race beginning in Skywalker Ranch and ending at San Diego Comic-Con raises money for Make-A-Wish Foundation.
You could say comedian Matt Mira is this charity relay’s only hope.
Nerdist has unveiled the first of six Star Wars: Course of the Force webisodes, a comedy series promoting July’s lightsaber relay run down the California coast.
When the lightsaber used for the relay goes missing, Mira is forced to leave his hangout session with R2-D2 and is tasked with tracking it down. Fans of the Nerdist will also be delighted to know there's a bit with Chris Hardwick dressed as Princess Leia (for reasons unknown).
Course of the Force held its first annual relay last year, where it raised more than $100,000 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation and featured thousands of runners. It begins at George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch and goes through San Francisco, Los Angeles and then down to San Diego for Comic-Con. The race runs from July 9-16 and also features a “convivial,” which the public is invited to attend.
Watch the first episode below, and look for new episodes premiering Tuesdays through July 2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR