Stephen Lang Returning for 'Avatar' Sequels
Lang will once again play mad Marine Colonel Quaritch.
Stephen Lang will reprise his villain role in James Cameron's Avatar sequels, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Lang played Colonel Quaritch in the 2009 billion-dollar-grossing movie about humans despoiling the paradise planet of Pandora. The character seemed to meet his end in the film but Cameron has a plan to bring him back for all the sequels.
In the summer, Fox announced that Cameron was bringing in a slew of writers to help pen the scripts for the sequels, which will be filmed simultaneously.
Josh Friedman (who wrote TV's Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Rise of the Planet of the Apes duo Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno (Shaft, Savages) are collaborating with Cameron on the screenplays for the three films.
The first sequel will hit theaters in December 2016, with the second to follow in December 2017 and the third a year later.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Abel Ferrara's "Pasolini" Premieres at the Deauville American Film Festival: A Heated Discussion with the Director
- Inspiration Through Film - A Festival
- The Boomtown Rats Return: A Conversation with Bob Geldof, Plus a Chat with Finch's Nate Barcalow and Lots of Exclusives
- What Apple's U2 Stunt Really Says About the Future of Music
- Liam Neeson's First Movie Footage is a Must See - Watch Now!
- 'Orange is the New Black's Laverne Cox Will Spotlight Trans Youth In 'The T Word' Documentary!
- Julianne Moore & Husband Bart Freundlich Look as Happy as Ever After Nearly 20 Years Together!
- Victoria Beckham Voted Greatest Style Icon in the UK!