Stephenie Meyer's 'The Host' Poster Debuts Online (Photo)
The film, adapted from the "Twilight" author’s 2008 novel, stars Saoirse Ronan as a girl living in a dystopian future in which aliens have taken over Earth.
Even with the final Twilight film hitting theaters this week, Stephenie Meyer still has more onscreen love to give us. A poster for her post-Twilight film, The Host, has hit online and shows star Saoirse Ronan as the protagonist from Meyer’s 2008 novel.
The Open Road Films project centers on Melanie Stryder (Ronan), who lives on a future Earth ruled by aliens called Souls, who take over human bodies. Ronan’s character is one of the last humans fighting for survival.
In the novel, an alien called Wonderer tries to take over the heroine’s body, but she does not give in to his control completely, flooding the alien with images of the people she loves, including her romantic interest, Jared (played in the film by Max Irons), and her brother (Chandler Canterbury).
The Host also stars Jake Abel and William Hurt. The film was written and directed by Andrew Niccol, who previously helmed Gattaca and In Time.
It’s slated for a March 29, 2013, release.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR