Stephenie Meyer's 'The Host' Poster Debuts Online (Photo)
The film, adapted from the "Twilight" author’s 2008 novel, stars Saoirse Ronan as a girl living in a dystopian future in which aliens have taken over Earth.
Even with the final Twilight film hitting theaters this week, Stephenie Meyer still has more onscreen love to give us. A poster for her post-Twilight film, The Host, has hit online and shows star Saoirse Ronan as the protagonist from Meyer’s 2008 novel.
The Open Road Films project centers on Melanie Stryder (Ronan), who lives on a future Earth ruled by aliens called Souls, who take over human bodies. Ronan’s character is one of the last humans fighting for survival.
In the novel, an alien called Wonderer tries to take over the heroine’s body, but she does not give in to his control completely, flooding the alien with images of the people she loves, including her romantic interest, Jared (played in the film by Max Irons), and her brother (Chandler Canterbury).
The Host also stars Jake Abel and William Hurt. The film was written and directed by Andrew Niccol, who previously helmed Gattaca and In Time.
It’s slated for a March 29, 2013, release.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch