Steven Soderbergh's New Project Is Thriller 'The Bitter Pill' (Exclusive)
Well, that didn’t take long.
A week and a half after parting ways with Warner Bros. over a planned remake of Man from U.N.C.L.E., Steven Soderbergh is bouncing back.
The prolific filmmaker is reteaming with his U.N.C.L.E. writer Scott Z. Burns for The Bitter Pill, a new project that is being pitched to studios now and is fielding multiple bids.
Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing with Soberbergh’s longtime producing partner Gregory Jacobs and Burns. Soderbergh, Jacobs and Burns are the director-producer-writer, respectively, behind the recent Warner Bros. films Contagion and The Informant!
Little is known about Bitter Pill, although it is described as a thriller set in the world of psychopharmacology.
Soderbergh, who has the spy action movie Haywire coming out in January and the male-stripper dramedy Magic Mike set for June, was due to direct U.N.C.L.E. next year but left the project over differences in budget and casting.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!