'Strike Back' Star In Talks to Join 'Gangster Squad' (Exclusive)
Sullivan Stapleton joins a cast including Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn and Emma Stone for the Warner Bros.' project.
Sullivan Stapleton, who stars in Cinemax’s original series Strike Back, is in negotiations to join the cast of Gangster Squad, Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow’s period crime movie.
Ruben Fleischer is directing the pic, which counts Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn, Emma Stone among its large cast.
Dan Lin and Kevin McCormick are producing. Jon Silk is co-producing.
Stapleton will play a childhood friend of Gosling’s dapper cop, a man who grew up to become a mob enforcer but later acts as a police informant.
Production begins September in Los Angeles.
Stapleton gained the town’s attention with his work in Animal Kingdom, the acclaimed Australian crime movie, with WME picking him for representation. The actor stars in the Cinemax’s 10-episode series Strike Back, which debuts tonight, playing a Delta Force operative working with a British military unit.
In addition to WME, he is repped by Shanahan Management in Australia.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'