'Suburgatory' Star Jane Levy Lands Lead in Gold Circle Horror Thriller (Exclusive)
"Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" director Bharat Nalluri is helming the project, which is being produced by Roy Lee and Jim Wedaa.
Suburgatory star Jane Levy is set to top-line Gold Circle’s In a Dark Place, a horror thriller that is being directed by Bharat Nalluri. Roy Lee and Jim Wedaa are producing.
The thriller centers on a young American woman who moves to England to become the governess of a porcelain doll, which the family treats as its own son. When the family leaves for a holiday, the woman begins to think the doll is haunted and may be alive.
A May production is being eyed.
The film will be fully financed by Gold Circle, and company president Paul Brooks will produce. (The company last made the musical comedy Pitch Perfect.)
Nalluri directed the period romantic comedy Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day and has helmed episodes of Brit TV series MI-5 and the CW’s Emily Owens, M.D.
On top of starring in Suburgatory, Levy is making her horror-movie debut as the female lead in the upcoming remake of Evil Dead, which opens April 5.
She is repped by WME and Sloane Offer.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chrissy Teigen's Optical Illusion Ensemble Is Making Us Do A Double Take
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move