'Suburgatory' Star Jane Levy Lands Lead in Gold Circle Horror Thriller (Exclusive)
"Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" director Bharat Nalluri is helming the project, which is being produced by Roy Lee and Jim Wedaa.
Suburgatory star Jane Levy is set to top-line Gold Circle’s In a Dark Place, a horror thriller that is being directed by Bharat Nalluri. Roy Lee and Jim Wedaa are producing.
The thriller centers on a young American woman who moves to England to become the governess of a porcelain doll, which the family treats as its own son. When the family leaves for a holiday, the woman begins to think the doll is haunted and may be alive.
A May production is being eyed.
The film will be fully financed by Gold Circle, and company president Paul Brooks will produce. (The company last made the musical comedy Pitch Perfect.)
Nalluri directed the period romantic comedy Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day and has helmed episodes of Brit TV series MI-5 and the CW’s Emily Owens, M.D.
On top of starring in Suburgatory, Levy is making her horror-movie debut as the female lead in the upcoming remake of Evil Dead, which opens April 5.
She is repped by WME and Sloane Offer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)