Summit Picking Up Sci-Fi Project 'Revoc' (Exclusive)
The pitch hails from Olaf de Fleur, the Icelandic filmmaker behind that country's crime movie "City State." "Warm Bodies" producers David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are attached to produce.
In what is likely one of the last deals of the year, Lionsgate division Summit Entertainment has picked up a sci-fi action pitch titled Revoc from Olaf de Fleur.
David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville are attached to produce.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the story has been described as being in the vein of District 9 and Moon and is a post-alien invasion thriller.
Mandeville is prepping a winter shoot in London for the sequel to The Muppets, which will star Ricky Gervais and Ty Burrell. It also has the zombie love story Warm Bodies awaiting a Feb. 1 release.
De Fleur is an Icelandic filmmaker who co-write and directed the crime movie City State; New Regency is remaking the film with James Mangold attached to direct. He is repped by WME and Thruline.
Overseeing for the company are Lionsgate Motion Picture Group president of production Erik Feig, Summit Entertainment president of production Geoff Shaevitz and Lionsgate vp production Matthew Janzen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR