Summit Picks Up Sci-Fi Pitch from 'Grace of Monaco' Writer (Exclusive)
Arash Amel is writing "The Infinity Principle" which will be produced by Thunder Road's Basil Iwanyk.
Summit Entertainment has picked up The Infinity Principle, a sci-fi pitch from Grace of Monaco writer Arash Amel.
The project will be produced by Basil Iwanyk, the producer via his Thunder Road Pictures banner.
In the story, a physicist proves the possibility of time travel and the universe begins to unravel as a result.
Amel is an up-and-comer who wrote The Expatriate, a thriller starring Aaron Eckhart and Olga Kurylenko and worked on Warner Bros.’ sequel to I Am Legend.
His big break, however, occurred when Pierre-Ange Le Pogam, the Europacorp co-founder who launched his Stone Angel production and financing company, picked up his Grace spec in late 2011. The script attracted Nicole Kidman and the subsequent movie is now heading to theaters on Dec. 27, 2013.
Iwanyk is the producer behind Clash of the Titans and Wrath of the Titans fantasy tentpoles. He also produced the crime thriller Brooklyn’s Finest.
Erik Feig, Lionsgate president of production, and Geoff Shaevitz, Summit president of production, are overseeing.
Amel is repped by CAA and Myman Greenspan.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)