Sundance: Funny or Die Lends Name to Vampire Mockumentary 'What We Do In the Shadows'
"Flight of the Conchords" co-creator Jemaine Clement co-stars in the movie with frequent collaborator Taika Waititi.
Funny or Die has partnered with the makers of the vampire mockumentary What We Do in the Shadows ahead of the movie’s Sundance premiere.
The movie hails from Flight of the Conchords co-creator Jemaine Clement and frequent collaborator Taika Waititi, and follows three centuries-old bloodsuckers trying to navigate today’s world. The movie is part of Sundance’s Park City at Midnight, and it is an acquisition title.
Funny or Die is coming on board the film in a similar fashion as Martin Scorsese or Quentin Tarantino would join a completed film to “present” or exec produce, lending a name and a stamp of approval.
In this case, Funny or Die will use its social media reach to help market and promote the movie. For example, its name and logo will be will be used in association with all marketing materials. Other details will be determined upon a domestic distribution deal.
Funny or Die also now has an ownership stake in the film, which was produced by Unison Films and Defender Films.
Shadows premieres Sunday at midnight.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- The Power Rangers And Cookie Monster Fight To The Death, Naturally
- What The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Can Teach Us About Email Marketing
- Horatio Sanz On 'Saturday Night Live's' Politics: 'We Dropped The Ball' On Going After The Right
- Jennifer Hudson's Half-Brother, Stephen Angelo Simpson, Arrested For Alleged Stabbing
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana & Hubby Marco Perego Step Out for Sunny Stroll After Taking On the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Kourtney Kardashian: Mason & Penelope Love North West So Much!
- Gisele Bundchen Once Again Tops Forbes' List of Highest Paid Models, Has Had #1 Spot Since 2002!
- Robbie Amell Engaged To 'Chasing Life' Star Italia Ricci!