Sundance: Funny or Die Lends Name to Vampire Mockumentary 'What We Do In the Shadows'
"Flight of the Conchords" co-creator Jemaine Clement co-stars in the movie with frequent collaborator Taika Waititi.
Funny or Die has partnered with the makers of the vampire mockumentary What We Do in the Shadows ahead of the movie’s Sundance premiere.
The movie hails from Flight of the Conchords co-creator Jemaine Clement and frequent collaborator Taika Waititi, and follows three centuries-old bloodsuckers trying to navigate today’s world. The movie is part of Sundance’s Park City at Midnight, and it is an acquisition title.
Funny or Die is coming on board the film in a similar fashion as Martin Scorsese or Quentin Tarantino would join a completed film to “present” or exec produce, lending a name and a stamp of approval.
In this case, Funny or Die will use its social media reach to help market and promote the movie. For example, its name and logo will be will be used in association with all marketing materials. Other details will be determined upon a domestic distribution deal.
Funny or Die also now has an ownership stake in the film, which was produced by Unison Films and Defender Films.
Shadows premieres Sunday at midnight.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm