Sundance: Funny or Die Lends Name to Vampire Mockumentary 'What We Do In the Shadows'
"Flight of the Conchords" co-creator Jemaine Clement co-stars in the movie with frequent collaborator Taika Waititi.
Funny or Die has partnered with the makers of the vampire mockumentary What We Do in the Shadows ahead of the movie’s Sundance premiere.
The movie hails from Flight of the Conchords co-creator Jemaine Clement and frequent collaborator Taika Waititi, and follows three centuries-old bloodsuckers trying to navigate today’s world. The movie is part of Sundance’s Park City at Midnight, and it is an acquisition title.
Funny or Die is coming on board the film in a similar fashion as Martin Scorsese or Quentin Tarantino would join a completed film to “present” or exec produce, lending a name and a stamp of approval.
In this case, Funny or Die will use its social media reach to help market and promote the movie. For example, its name and logo will be will be used in association with all marketing materials. Other details will be determined upon a domestic distribution deal.
Funny or Die also now has an ownership stake in the film, which was produced by Unison Films and Defender Films.
Shadows premieres Sunday at midnight.
Follow Heat Vision
- Marvin Gaye's Sister Zeola Sets The Record Straight On Reported Family Feud Over 'Blurred Lines' Lawsuit
- New Film Healing of Love Is Challenging the Paradigm of Relationships
- The Death of Fake Reality Television, The Birth of 'Connected'
- Morgan Spurlock, 'One Direction: This Is Us' Director: Zayn Malik 'Struggled The Most' With Touring Demands
- Pia Mia Seduces Us In 'F--k With U' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Jamie Chung Has a Condom Problem in 'Resident Advisors' Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Mark Wahlberg Producing Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Patriot's Day'
- Stephen Amell Signs Up to Play Megan Fox's Love Interest in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'