Super Bowl 2013: What the Studios Are Planning
Viewers will see new trailers for "Oz," "Star Trek: Into Darkness" and "Fast and Furious 6" during Sunday's matchup.
As the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers prepare for battle Sunday, Hollywood studios are preparing trailers for their big-budget releases.
CBS' Super Bowl XLVII broadcast will see new ads from Universal, Disney and Paramount before and during the matchup. The spots will air alongside Super Bowl staples including the Budweiser Clydesdales, E-Trade's talking baby and Danica Patrick for GoDaddy.com, with CBS all but selling out its ad inventory at prices averaging between $3.7 million and $3.8 million.
Fox and Sony have no plans to air commercials during the game, even with The Wolverine on tap for the former and White House Down coming this summer for the latter. Warner Bros. also is opting out of the action, despite readying The Great Gatsby for a May release
Universal will unveil its first trailer for The Fast and The Furious 6 on Sunday. The film reunites director Justin Lin with franchise stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and Dwayne Johnson following the success of 2011's Fast Five.
Paramount will preview Brad Pitt's World War Z during the pre-show telecast, while a 30-second trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness will play during the second quarter of the game.
Disney has three films to promote this weekend, mixing pregame and game coverage of its highly anticipated Oz, The Lone Ranger and Iron Man 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)