Super Bowl 2013: What the Studios Are Planning
Viewers will see new trailers for "Oz," "Star Trek: Into Darkness" and "Fast and Furious 6" during Sunday's matchup.
As the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers prepare for battle Sunday, Hollywood studios are preparing trailers for their big-budget releases.
CBS' Super Bowl XLVII broadcast will see new ads from Universal, Disney and Paramount before and during the matchup. The spots will air alongside Super Bowl staples including the Budweiser Clydesdales, E-Trade's talking baby and Danica Patrick for GoDaddy.com, with CBS all but selling out its ad inventory at prices averaging between $3.7 million and $3.8 million.
Fox and Sony have no plans to air commercials during the game, even with The Wolverine on tap for the former and White House Down coming this summer for the latter. Warner Bros. also is opting out of the action, despite readying The Great Gatsby for a May release
Universal will unveil its first trailer for The Fast and The Furious 6 on Sunday. The film reunites director Justin Lin with franchise stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and Dwayne Johnson following the success of 2011's Fast Five.
Paramount will preview Brad Pitt's World War Z during the pre-show telecast, while a 30-second trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness will play during the second quarter of the game.
Disney has three films to promote this weekend, mixing pregame and game coverage of its highly anticipated Oz, The Lone Ranger and Iron Man 3.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!