Super Bowl 2013: What the Studios Are Planning
Viewers will see new trailers for "Oz," "Star Trek: Into Darkness" and "Fast and Furious 6" during Sunday's matchup.
As the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers prepare for battle Sunday, Hollywood studios are preparing trailers for their big-budget releases.
CBS' Super Bowl XLVII broadcast will see new ads from Universal, Disney and Paramount before and during the matchup. The spots will air alongside Super Bowl staples including the Budweiser Clydesdales, E-Trade's talking baby and Danica Patrick for GoDaddy.com, with CBS all but selling out its ad inventory at prices averaging between $3.7 million and $3.8 million.
Fox and Sony have no plans to air commercials during the game, even with The Wolverine on tap for the former and White House Down coming this summer for the latter. Warner Bros. also is opting out of the action, despite readying The Great Gatsby for a May release
Universal will unveil its first trailer for The Fast and The Furious 6 on Sunday. The film reunites director Justin Lin with franchise stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and Dwayne Johnson following the success of 2011's Fast Five.
Paramount will preview Brad Pitt's World War Z during the pre-show telecast, while a 30-second trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness will play during the second quarter of the game.
Disney has three films to promote this weekend, mixing pregame and game coverage of its highly anticipated Oz, The Lone Ranger and Iron Man 3.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'