Super Bowl 2013: What the Studios Are Planning
Viewers will see new trailers for "Oz," "Star Trek: Into Darkness" and "Fast and Furious 6" during Sunday's matchup.
As the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers prepare for battle Sunday, Hollywood studios are preparing trailers for their big-budget releases.
CBS' Super Bowl XLVII broadcast will see new ads from Universal, Disney and Paramount before and during the matchup. The spots will air alongside Super Bowl staples including the Budweiser Clydesdales, E-Trade's talking baby and Danica Patrick for GoDaddy.com, with CBS all but selling out its ad inventory at prices averaging between $3.7 million and $3.8 million.
Fox and Sony have no plans to air commercials during the game, even with The Wolverine on tap for the former and White House Down coming this summer for the latter. Warner Bros. also is opting out of the action, despite readying The Great Gatsby for a May release
Universal will unveil its first trailer for The Fast and The Furious 6 on Sunday. The film reunites director Justin Lin with franchise stars Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster and Dwayne Johnson following the success of 2011's Fast Five.
Paramount will preview Brad Pitt's World War Z during the pre-show telecast, while a 30-second trailer for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness will play during the second quarter of the game.
Disney has three films to promote this weekend, mixing pregame and game coverage of its highly anticipated Oz, The Lone Ranger and Iron Man 3.
Follow Heat Vision
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor