'Superman: Man of Steel' Close to Landing Villainess
German actress Antje Traue has emerged as a strong contender for the Warner Bros. film, toplined by Henry Cavill.
German actress Antje Traue has emerged as a strong contender for the role of the villainess in Warner Bros’ Superman: Man of Steel movie.
The movie, deep in casting mode and toplined by Henry Cavill, already has one of its bad guys in the form of Michael Shannon, who is playing General Zod.
The story is calling for a female counterpart although it is unclear if the character’s name is Ursa, who appeared memorably in Superman II as well as Smallville and the comic books, or Faora, a comic book character. Both are super-powered Kryptonian antagonists.
Traue has no offer but has tested for the role. It is unclear which other actresses have tested for the part as well.
Traue has appeared with Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster in Pandorum and has the Renny Harlin action movie 5 Days in August, which also stars Val Kilmer and Rupert Friend, in the can.
She is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency and Troika and Spielkind.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer
- Eva Longoria Says The Way The Child Refugee Crisis Has Been Handled Is ‘Un-American'