'Superman: Man of Steel' Close to Landing Villainess
German actress Antje Traue has emerged as a strong contender for the Warner Bros. film, toplined by Henry Cavill.
German actress Antje Traue has emerged as a strong contender for the role of the villainess in Warner Bros’ Superman: Man of Steel movie.
The movie, deep in casting mode and toplined by Henry Cavill, already has one of its bad guys in the form of Michael Shannon, who is playing General Zod.
The story is calling for a female counterpart although it is unclear if the character’s name is Ursa, who appeared memorably in Superman II as well as Smallville and the comic books, or Faora, a comic book character. Both are super-powered Kryptonian antagonists.
Traue has no offer but has tested for the role. It is unclear which other actresses have tested for the part as well.
Traue has appeared with Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster in Pandorum and has the Renny Harlin action movie 5 Days in August, which also stars Val Kilmer and Rupert Friend, in the can.
She is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency and Troika and Spielkind.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- Cersei's Major 'Game Of Thrones' Nude Scene Is Officially Going To Happen
- Kim Kardashian Takes Her Crop Top To The Next Level With A Deep V-Neck
- Famous Women Point Out Exactly Why Leaking Nude Photos Is So Very Wrong
- Melissa Rivers Confirms Mother Joan Is On Life Support, Thanks Fans For Their Kindness
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley & Jason Statham Grab Brunch in Malibu for Labor Day!
- Uma Thurman Joins Co-Stars to Premiere 'Nymphomaniac - Vol. II' at Venice Film Festival
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Manganiello Hold Hands After Romantic Mexico Getaway
- Lady Gaga Reunites with Pet Pooch Asia at LAX Airport - Watch the Adorable Video!