'Superman: Man of Steel' Close to Landing Villainess
German actress Antje Traue has emerged as a strong contender for the Warner Bros. film, toplined by Henry Cavill.
German actress Antje Traue has emerged as a strong contender for the role of the villainess in Warner Bros’ Superman: Man of Steel movie.
The movie, deep in casting mode and toplined by Henry Cavill, already has one of its bad guys in the form of Michael Shannon, who is playing General Zod.
The story is calling for a female counterpart although it is unclear if the character’s name is Ursa, who appeared memorably in Superman II as well as Smallville and the comic books, or Faora, a comic book character. Both are super-powered Kryptonian antagonists.
Traue has no offer but has tested for the role. It is unclear which other actresses have tested for the part as well.
Traue has appeared with Dennis Quaid and Ben Foster in Pandorum and has the Renny Harlin action movie 5 Days in August, which also stars Val Kilmer and Rupert Friend, in the can.
She is repped by Greene & Associates Talent Agency and Troika and Spielkind.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David