'Superman' Star Henry Cavill: How I'm Preparing for 'Man of Steel' Role (Video)
The actor also shares his thoughts on his newly cast co-star Amy Adams, who will play Lois Lane in Zack Snyder's reboot.
Superman star Henry Cavill admits he has a lot of work ahead of him to fully embody the Man of Steel.
In addition to toning his body, the actor said he is doing "plenty of comic book research" to prepare for his role in Zack Snyder's reboot.
"I'm just picking out as much as I possibly can from the comic-book history," he told MTV News at WonderCon, "because obviously it's plastered across there as to who this man is. ... It's just picking up a general idea of who he is and working from there."
He also believes it's important not to change too much about the character.
"Superman is Superman, after all," he said. "There's only so much of a change you can make to that."
The movie also stars Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Cavill's adoptive Earth parents and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Cavill revealed to MTV that he had a screen test with Adams before she was cast.
She's a "fantastic actress," he said, adding that he is looking forward to working with her.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'
- Elizabeth Banks Attends Screening for 'Walk of Shame', Wears Two Dresses!
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!