'Superman' Star Henry Cavill: How I'm Preparing for 'Man of Steel' Role (Video)
The actor also shares his thoughts on his newly cast co-star Amy Adams, who will play Lois Lane in Zack Snyder's reboot.
Superman star Henry Cavill admits he has a lot of work ahead of him to fully embody the Man of Steel.
In addition to toning his body, the actor said he is doing "plenty of comic book research" to prepare for his role in Zack Snyder's reboot.
"I'm just picking out as much as I possibly can from the comic-book history," he told MTV News at WonderCon, "because obviously it's plastered across there as to who this man is. ... It's just picking up a general idea of who he is and working from there."
He also believes it's important not to change too much about the character.
"Superman is Superman, after all," he said. "There's only so much of a change you can make to that."
The movie also stars Kevin Costner and Diane Lane as Cavill's adoptive Earth parents and Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Cavill revealed to MTV that he had a screen test with Adams before she was cast.
She's a "fantastic actress," he said, adding that he is looking forward to working with her.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)