SXSW: Dungeons and Hipsters: 'Zero Charisma' Film Poster Debuts (Exclusive)
The first feature from "American Scream" team Andrew Matthews and Katie Graham focuses on a down-and-out donut-shop employee whose tabletop world gets flipped.
Andrew Matthews and Katie Graham are mashing up two very different -- or similar? -- subcultures.
The veteran editors have partnered up on the geeky comedy Zero Charisma. Their directorial debuts, it tells the troubled tale of a metalhead gaming enthusiast named Scott (Sam Eidson) whose rotten life -- lowly job at a donut shop, bunking with a sick grandmother, romantic fortunes nil and estranged from his mother -- is eased by Tuesday night's gaming rendezvous.
He plays miniature role-playing games with his friends, painstakingly painting tiny models for his simulations and dice-controlled battles. It all starts going to hell, though, when a hipster named Miles joins their game and plays with a flippancy and irony that is forbidden by the serious rules of the tabletop gods.
The film makes its debut at SXSW next week; The Hollywood Reporter is debuting the film's official poster.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum
- Questlove: Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Is A Game-Changer
- Eva Longoria Says The Way The Child Refugee Crisis Has Been Handled Is ‘Un-American'