SXSW: Dungeons and Hipsters: 'Zero Charisma' Film Poster Debuts (Exclusive)
The first feature from "American Scream" team Andrew Matthews and Katie Graham focuses on a down-and-out donut-shop employee whose tabletop world gets flipped.
Andrew Matthews and Katie Graham are mashing up two very different -- or similar? -- subcultures.
The veteran editors have partnered up on the geeky comedy Zero Charisma. Their directorial debuts, it tells the troubled tale of a metalhead gaming enthusiast named Scott (Sam Eidson) whose rotten life -- lowly job at a donut shop, bunking with a sick grandmother, romantic fortunes nil and estranged from his mother -- is eased by Tuesday night's gaming rendezvous.
He plays miniature role-playing games with his friends, painstakingly painting tiny models for his simulations and dice-controlled battles. It all starts going to hell, though, when a hipster named Miles joins their game and plays with a flippancy and irony that is forbidden by the serious rules of the tabletop gods.
The film makes its debut at SXSW next week; The Hollywood Reporter is debuting the film's official poster.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Emma Roberts Wants to See More 'True Detective'!
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!