SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Horror Film 'Exists'
"Blair Witch Project" co-director Eduardo Sanchez helmed the movie.
Just hours after its premiere at SXSW, Bigfoot horror flick Exists has been picked up by Lionsgate.
Eduardo Sanchez, best known for co-directing the genre-defining movie The Blair Witch Project, is behind the flick, which aims to redefine the Sasquatch myth.
According to Lionsgate, the movie centers on five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas who struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists. Jamie Nash wrote the script.
It stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson and Brian Steele. The Sasquatch creature was designed by Spectral Motion.
Producing the movie are Jane Fleming and Mark Ordesky, who helped develop the project with Sanchez’s Haxan Films, as well as Robin Cowie and J. Andrew Jenkins.
George Waud, D. Todd Shepherd, Gregg Hale and Reed Frerichs executive produced.
No distribution plans were revealed.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Frank Ocean Just Released A New Song Called 'Memrise'
- Patti Smith's 'O Holy Night' Performed At 2013 Vatican Christmas Concert Is The Only Carol You Need
- Binge Watch Your Home Decorating Angst Away With These Thanksgiving TV Marathons
- Celebrities Instagram Their Thanksgiving Meals Just As Much As You Do
- Leslie Bibb Gets Dolled Up for 'Take Care' New York Screening with Thomas Sadoski!
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Huge 'Homeland' Fans, Says Damian Lewis
- Dwayne Johnson Starts Filming New HBO Comedy 'Ballers'!
- Eddie Redmayne Gets Interviewed by BFF Andrew Garfield for 'Gotham' Magazine Cover Story