SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Horror Film 'Exists'
"Blair Witch Project" co-director Eduardo Sanchez helmed the movie.
Just hours after its premiere at SXSW, Bigfoot horror flick Exists has been picked up by Lionsgate.
Eduardo Sanchez, best known for co-directing the genre-defining movie The Blair Witch Project, is behind the flick, which aims to redefine the Sasquatch myth.
According to Lionsgate, the movie centers on five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas who struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists. Jamie Nash wrote the script.
It stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson and Brian Steele. The Sasquatch creature was designed by Spectral Motion.
Producing the movie are Jane Fleming and Mark Ordesky, who helped develop the project with Sanchez’s Haxan Films, as well as Robin Cowie and J. Andrew Jenkins.
George Waud, D. Todd Shepherd, Gregg Hale and Reed Frerichs executive produced.
No distribution plans were revealed.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum