SXSW: Lionsgate Picks Up Bigfoot Horror Film 'Exists'
"Blair Witch Project" co-director Eduardo Sanchez helmed the movie.
Just hours after its premiere at SXSW, Bigfoot horror flick Exists has been picked up by Lionsgate.
Eduardo Sanchez, best known for co-directing the genre-defining movie The Blair Witch Project, is behind the flick, which aims to redefine the Sasquatch myth.
According to Lionsgate, the movie centers on five friends on a camping weekend in the remote woods of East Texas who struggle to survive against a legendary predator that is stronger, smarter, and more terrifying than anything they would have ever believed exists. Jamie Nash wrote the script.
It stars Chris Osborn, Dora Madison Burge, Roger Edwards, Samuel Davis, Denise Williamson and Brian Steele. The Sasquatch creature was designed by Spectral Motion.
Producing the movie are Jane Fleming and Mark Ordesky, who helped develop the project with Sanchez’s Haxan Films, as well as Robin Cowie and J. Andrew Jenkins.
George Waud, D. Todd Shepherd, Gregg Hale and Reed Frerichs executive produced.
No distribution plans were revealed.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Allow One Direction To Romance You In Their 'Night Changes' Music Video
- 2014 Latin Grammys Shared The Spotlight With Obama But Still Shone Brightly
- Chatting with Chris Botti and Madeleine Peyroux, Plus Twin Hidden Covers "Yellow Flicker Beat"
- Taylor Swift And Selena Gomez Have A Super Fun Girls Night With Ellie Goulding
- Connie Britton & Taylor Kitsch Have a 'Friday Night Lights' Reunion
- The Vamps Rock Out with Special Performance at Just Jared's Homecoming Dance Presented by Ever After High!
- One Direction Take The Cutest Selfie Ever On 'Kimmel' & Premiere 'Night Changes' Music Video
- Prince Harry Calls Out Charities 'Built Around Egos'