Syfy Films Picks Up Sci-Fi Short 'Beyond' (Exclusive)
Raphael Rogers is behind the short and is attached to direct the big-screen version.
Universal Pictures’ Syfy Films division has optioned the rights to the sci-fi short Beyond, with the short’s director on board to produce and helm the big-screen translation.
Raphael Rogers wrote, directed and produced Beyond, about a woman who is the last of lineage that possesses the ability to teleport across space and time and uses her powers to explore new planets.
Rogers, based in L.A., shot the short on a $1,000 budget, served as cinematographer and editor and was responsible for visual effects.
The project is currently an open writing assignment.
Scott Glassgold and Raymond Brothers of IAM Entertainment, which represents Rogers, will serve as executive producers.
Glassgold and Brothers are producers on True Skin and Spy’s Kid, which are both in active development at Warner Bros. and Paramount, respectively. Earlier this month, IAM partnered with Roy Lee to develop a big-screen version of the sci-fi short Keloid.
Senior vice president of production Gregory Noveck and executive Josh Banta will oversee the project for Syfy Films.
Rogers is also repped Myman Greenspan.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack