Sylvester Stallone Chooses Australian Director for 'Expendables 3'
Patrick Hughes must still win approval from the heads of Millennium, the company behind the action movie series.
The action is almost ready to begin.
Australian helmer Patrick Hughes has been chosen by Sylvester Stallone to direct The Expendables 3, the third installment in Stallone’s all-star action movie franchise.
Hughes doesn’t have the gig yet. Sources say he is flying in shortly to meet with the heads of Millennium, the company behind the franchise. He is expected to get the offer.
Hill is a relative newcomer with one feature film under his belt: Red Hill, the acclaimed 2010 thriller that starred Ryan Kwanten as a city police officer having a hell of a first day in a country town.
Expendables 3 is expected to welcome back the majority of its action stars, including Jason Statham and Dolph Lundgren. The producers hope to also add Wesley Snipes as they eye a shoot in late July-early August.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Music and Sweets: A Perfect Combo for a Late Night Bakery
- A Labor Day Documentary: 'Brothers on the Line' Tells the Story of the Reuther Brothers -- Founding Fathers of the American Middle Class
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leak Online, Other Celebs Targeted
- Todd English Arrested, Charged With DWI
- Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, & Austin Butler Get in a Group Workout!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Fly Out of Venice After Attending Film Festival Together
- Jenny McCarthy's Wedding Dress Revealed! See Photos of Her & Donnie Wahlberg At Their Wedding
- Lance Bass Proposes to Fiance Michael Turchin For a Second Time - See His New Ring!