Taylor Hawkins Poses as Iggy Pop on 'CBGB' Poster (Exclusive)
The Foo Fighters drummer plays the punk pioneer in the film about the New York club.
Taylor Hawkins is in familiar territory as rocker Iggy Pop in the newest CBGB poster, which The Hollywood Reporter is debuting exclusively.
The Foo Fighters drummer plays the punk icon in the film about the legendary club, which featured early performances from artists such as Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads and the Ramones. The club was owned by Hilly Kristal, played by Alan Rickman in the film.
Randall Miller directed CBGB and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast also includes Malin Akerman, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic and Rupert Grint. The film contains 50 songs and 16 on-camera performance, according to its producers.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp at Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- To Hell With Bill Cosby? Disney Already Did That With The Devil and Max Devlin
- With INFINITY, Raquel Pomplun and L. Philippe Casseus Team Up to Launch an Epic New Series
- The Film 'Heartland' Tells the Story of Coming of Age and Coming Out in Oklahoma
- Glenn Beck: AP 'Raped' Bill Cosby By Releasing Interview Segment Addressing Rape Allegations
- Ricky Martin Celebrates His New Wax Figure at Madame Tussauds Las Vegas!
- Evan Rachel Wood & Darren Criss Spoof Tom Hanks' 'Big' & It's Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Pippa Middleton Took Advanced Wine Course & Passed!
- Ansel Elgort & Shailene Woodley Re-Created 'The Fault In Our Stars' Bench Scene at Dedication Ceremony