Taylor Hawkins Poses as Iggy Pop on 'CBGB' Poster (Exclusive)
The Foo Fighters drummer plays the punk pioneer in the film about the New York club.
Taylor Hawkins is in familiar territory as rocker Iggy Pop in the newest CBGB poster, which The Hollywood Reporter is debuting exclusively.
The Foo Fighters drummer plays the punk icon in the film about the legendary club, which featured early performances from artists such as Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads and the Ramones. The club was owned by Hilly Kristal, played by Alan Rickman in the film.
Randall Miller directed CBGB and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast also includes Malin Akerman, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic and Rupert Grint. The film contains 50 songs and 16 on-camera performance, according to its producers.
Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp at Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR