The Team-Up Movie You Never Saw: Spider-Man and Wolverine
What if Tobey Maguire's "Spider-Man" had had some help from fellow Marvel superhero Wolverine in his first film? Hugh Jackman has revealed that he almost made an appearance in 2002's "Spider-Man."
It's the Mighty Marvel movie crossover that never happened -- years before Robert Downey Jr. popped up in The Incredible Hulk to offer assistance in capturing giant green monsters. According to Hugh Jackman, there was once a plan to bring Wolverine into the first Spider-Man movie.
Jackman revealed the nixed cameo in an interview with The Huffington Post. "In the first Spider-Man -- Kevin Feige reminded me of this -- we really tried to get me to come on and do something, whether it was a gag or just to walk through the shot or something," he said. "The problem was, we couldn't find the suit."
Yes, a wardrobe malfunction prevented the world from seeing Sam Raimi direct a Wolverine/Spider-Man team-up. Not that Jackman's given up on the dream. "I actually asked some high-level people about it," he continued, "Because the optimist in me goes, 'Why not? Why can't we do it? You know, a split cast or whatever?' And someone reminded that the amount of money Fox paid compared to the amount of money Disney paid is very different. (Laughs.) So how you split that pie up? God knows."
If only Hollywood had lawyers and accountants to work out that kind of thing …
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences