The Team-Up Movie You Never Saw: Spider-Man and Wolverine
What if Tobey Maguire's "Spider-Man" had had some help from fellow Marvel superhero Wolverine in his first film? Hugh Jackman has revealed that he almost made an appearance in 2002's "Spider-Man."
It's the Mighty Marvel movie crossover that never happened -- years before Robert Downey Jr. popped up in The Incredible Hulk to offer assistance in capturing giant green monsters. According to Hugh Jackman, there was once a plan to bring Wolverine into the first Spider-Man movie.
Jackman revealed the nixed cameo in an interview with The Huffington Post. "In the first Spider-Man -- Kevin Feige reminded me of this -- we really tried to get me to come on and do something, whether it was a gag or just to walk through the shot or something," he said. "The problem was, we couldn't find the suit."
Yes, a wardrobe malfunction prevented the world from seeing Sam Raimi direct a Wolverine/Spider-Man team-up. Not that Jackman's given up on the dream. "I actually asked some high-level people about it," he continued, "Because the optimist in me goes, 'Why not? Why can't we do it? You know, a split cast or whatever?' And someone reminded that the amount of money Fox paid compared to the amount of money Disney paid is very different. (Laughs.) So how you split that pie up? God knows."
If only Hollywood had lawyers and accountants to work out that kind of thing …
Follow Heat Vision
- The Letterman Years: Stories From Behind the Scenes of the Show That Changed Comedy Forever
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer: At the Very End of the World, Everything Looks Insane
- The Daily Show’s Trevor Noah Is Already in Trouble on Twitter [Updated]
- Ludacris on Ludaversal, Paul Walker, and Reinventing Himself
- Vin Diesel Debuts New 'Furious 7' Clip Starring Paul Walker on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' - Watch Here!
- Uzo Aduba & Lily Rabe Help Honor Sarah Paulson at MCC Theater Miscast Gala 2015!
- Scott Eastwood on Dad Clint: 'He Doesn't Give Handouts'
- Gigi Hadid: It's Not Okay to Model Until You're 25 & Then Become a Housewife