'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Release Date Shifts
The live-action, CG hybrid movie will now hit theaters in June 2014.
The heroes in a half shell will be hitting the movie theater a few weeks later than first announced.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action, CG hybrid movie about the crime-fighting reptiles, has been moved from a May 16, 2014, release to June 6, 2014, Paramount announced Wednesday.
It was recently announced that Megan Fox will star in the film, which is being directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Fox will play April O’Neil, the human friend of the Ninja Turtles.
Actors for the roles of the Ninjas – Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael – have not been announced. Those characters will be motion-captured.
While the original May date would have pitted the film against Warner Bros.' untitled Godzilla project, the new date remains open from competition for now.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR