'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Release Date Shifts
The live-action, CG hybrid movie will now hit theaters in June 2014.
The heroes in a half shell will be hitting the movie theater a few weeks later than first announced.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action, CG hybrid movie about the crime-fighting reptiles, has been moved from a May 16, 2014, release to June 6, 2014, Paramount announced Wednesday.
It was recently announced that Megan Fox will star in the film, which is being directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Fox will play April O’Neil, the human friend of the Ninja Turtles.
Actors for the roles of the Ninjas – Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael – have not been announced. Those characters will be motion-captured.
While the original May date would have pitted the film against Warner Bros.' untitled Godzilla project, the new date remains open from competition for now.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!