'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Release Date Shifts
The live-action, CG hybrid movie will now hit theaters in June 2014.
The heroes in a half shell will be hitting the movie theater a few weeks later than first announced.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action, CG hybrid movie about the crime-fighting reptiles, has been moved from a May 16, 2014, release to June 6, 2014, Paramount announced Wednesday.
It was recently announced that Megan Fox will star in the film, which is being directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Fox will play April O’Neil, the human friend of the Ninja Turtles.
Actors for the roles of the Ninjas – Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael – have not been announced. Those characters will be motion-captured.
While the original May date would have pitted the film against Warner Bros.' untitled Godzilla project, the new date remains open from competition for now.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neon Hitch's New Single 'Yard Sale' - Listen Now! (Exclusive Premiere)
- Gwyneth Paltrow Steps Out in East Hampton for 'Hector and the Search for Happiness' Screening!
- Bradley Cooper & Sienna Miller Begin Filming Their Second Movie Together, 'Adam Jones'!
- Sam Heughan & Caitriona Balfe Are Picture Perfect at 'Outlander' Screening