'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Release Date Shifts
The live-action, CG hybrid movie will now hit theaters in June 2014.
The heroes in a half shell will be hitting the movie theater a few weeks later than first announced.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the live-action, CG hybrid movie about the crime-fighting reptiles, has been moved from a May 16, 2014, release to June 6, 2014, Paramount announced Wednesday.
It was recently announced that Megan Fox will star in the film, which is being directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Fox will play April O’Neil, the human friend of the Ninja Turtles.
Actors for the roles of the Ninjas – Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael – have not been announced. Those characters will be motion-captured.
While the original May date would have pitted the film against Warner Bros.' untitled Godzilla project, the new date remains open from competition for now.
Email: Rebecca.Ford@thr.com; Twitter: @Beccamford
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Rihanna Slips Into A Bikini After Closing Out Monster Tour, Casually Hangs On A Yacht
- Here Is What A Mashup Of Scarlett Johansson And Jennifer Lawrence Looks Like
- Pat O'Brien Explains Why So Many Celebrities Aren't Truly Happy (VIDEO)
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Fatal Finale Says Goodbye To One Huge Character
- Heidi Klum Completes Ice Bucket Challenge on 'America's Got Talent'!
- Chelsea Handler Dines with Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston & More After Ending 'Chelsea Lately'
- Jennifer Aniston Doesn't Want Her 'Value as a Woman' to be Defined By Marriage & Children
- Orlando Bloom Rocks Unique Shirt at 'Zulu' Press Conference in Japan