'Thor' Sequel Director in Talks for 'Terminator' Reboot
Alan Taylor is in negotiations to take on the latest installment of the killer cyborg franchise being produced by Annapurna Pictures and Skydance.
Alan Taylor, who is putting the finishing touches on Thor: The Dark World, has been targeted as the director of The Terminator reboot being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance.
Taylor is in negotiations to direct the movie, which is hoping to restart the franchise created by James Cameron that helped launched the career of Arnold Schwarzenegger, who played a killer cyborg from the future.
Megan Ellison is producing via Annapurna, while her brother David Ellison produces through his company, Skydance.
Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier wrote the script.
Rian Johnson was one of the directors sought by the producers, but Johnson tends to direct only material he writes. Prisoners director Dennis Villeneuve was also on the list, according to sources.
Taylor’s Thor sequel is due to open Nov. 8. He made the jump to features after impressing execs with his directing work on HBO’s Game of Thrones.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR