'Thor' Sequel Director in Talks for 'Terminator' Reboot
Alan Taylor is in negotiations to take on the latest installment of the killer cyborg franchise being produced by Annapurna Pictures and Skydance.
Alan Taylor, who is putting the finishing touches on Thor: The Dark World, has been targeted as the director of The Terminator reboot being made by Paramount, Annapurna Pictures and Skydance.
Taylor is in negotiations to direct the movie, which is hoping to restart the franchise created by James Cameron that helped launched the career of Arnold Schwarzenegger, who played a killer cyborg from the future.
Megan Ellison is producing via Annapurna, while her brother David Ellison produces through his company, Skydance.
Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier wrote the script.
Rian Johnson was one of the directors sought by the producers, but Johnson tends to direct only material he writes. Prisoners director Dennis Villeneuve was also on the list, according to sources.
Taylor’s Thor sequel is due to open Nov. 8. He made the jump to features after impressing execs with his directing work on HBO’s Game of Thrones.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- Dark Graphic Novella Pays Tribute To The 10th Anniversary Of Arcade Fire's 'Funeral'
- Scientists Show Hitchcock Thriller To 'Vegetative' Man, Get Big Surprise
- Nick Jonas On How Fans Have Helped Him Transition From Band Member To Solo Artist
- Kim Kardashian Asks Nasim Pedrad About That 'SNL' Impression
- Jenny McCarthy Hasn't Watched 'The View' Yet: 'I've Been Hearing Mixed Reviews'
- Kirsten Dunst Doesn't Like Watching Herself On Screen
- Ariana Grande's Rumored Boyfriend Big Sean Says They Have 'Great Chemistry'
- Julianna Margulies & Jimmy Fallon Are Hilarious School Principals Who Sing the Morning Announcements (Video)