'The Thing' Trailer Hits With Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Video)
Joel Edgerton also stars in Universal's remake of John Carpenter's classic creeper.
Universal slipped out the trailer for its new take on The Thing, starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
The studio has been billing it as a prequel, but it essentially looks like a remake, which realistically they could do every thirty years since the dang alien could just keep getting re-frozen for the next group of explorers.
John Carpenter's version from 1982 starring Kurt Russell is a classic of claustrophobic paranoia and the terrible things humans can do to each other when in the grip of fear. The twist here is that the Russell role is being played by a woman, opening up a whole different set of possibilities. We'll see if the film delivers something new.
Check out the trailer:
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Lana Del Rey Tells Complex She Has 'Slept With A Lot Of Guys In The Industry'
- Jon Stewart Wants You To Help Him Buy CNN
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson And Jimmy Fallon Were Failed Fitness Instructors Once
- From "Eve Of Destruction" to "Already Gone": Conversations with Jack Tempchin and P.F. Sloan, Plus a Godsmack Track