'The Thing' Trailer Hits With Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Video)
Joel Edgerton also stars in Universal's remake of John Carpenter's classic creeper.
Universal slipped out the trailer for its new take on The Thing, starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
The studio has been billing it as a prequel, but it essentially looks like a remake, which realistically they could do every thirty years since the dang alien could just keep getting re-frozen for the next group of explorers.
John Carpenter's version from 1982 starring Kurt Russell is a classic of claustrophobic paranoia and the terrible things humans can do to each other when in the grip of fear. The twist here is that the Russell role is being played by a woman, opening up a whole different set of possibilities. We'll see if the film delivers something new.
Check out the trailer:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR