'The Thing' Trailer Hits With Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Video)
Joel Edgerton also stars in Universal's remake of John Carpenter's classic creeper.
Universal slipped out the trailer for its new take on The Thing, starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
The studio has been billing it as a prequel, but it essentially looks like a remake, which realistically they could do every thirty years since the dang alien could just keep getting re-frozen for the next group of explorers.
John Carpenter's version from 1982 starring Kurt Russell is a classic of claustrophobic paranoia and the terrible things humans can do to each other when in the grip of fear. The twist here is that the Russell role is being played by a woman, opening up a whole different set of possibilities. We'll see if the film delivers something new.
Check out the trailer:
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'