'Thor 2' Casts 'G.I. Joe' Actor as Another Villain
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who played Heavy Duty in "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," will play Algrim the Strong in the superhero sequel.
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Thor: The Dark World, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Alan Taylor is directing the picture, which brings back most of the first movie’s cast including Chris Hemsworth, who plays Thor. Kat Dennings signed on to reprise her character, Darcy Lewis, on Tuesday.
In a supporting role, Akinnuoye-Agbaje will join the ranks of the bad guys led by Christopher Eccleston (Doctor Who), who is playing Malekith, ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim.
He will play Algrim the Strong, one of the strongest of the Dark Elves and who is coerced to fight Thor at Malekith’s behest. (Don’t worry: A redemption, as in the comics, is likely.)
Akinnuoye-Agbaje, repped by APA and Kritzer Levine, is known for his action roles, notably G.I.Joe: The Rise of Cobra (where he played Heavy Duty), The Bourne Identity and The Killer Elite, as well as Mr. Eko on TV's Lost. He will be seen in Bullet to the Head, starring Sylvester Stallone and directed by Walter Hill, which is due out early next year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR