Official: 'Thor 2' to Be Directed by Patty Jenkins
Jenkins will be Marvel Studios' first female director.
Patty Jenkins will direct Thor 2, Marvel Studios officially announced on Thursday. Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Natalie Portman will all return for the sequel.
Disney also announced that Thor 2 will be moved from its July 26, 2013, release date to Nov. 15, 2013. For those who can't wait to see Thor and Loki return to the screen, both Hemsworth and Hiddleston will play their roles in Marvel's upcoming superhero ensemble film, The Avengers, which is set to hit theaters May 4, 2012.
Thor, which hit theaters on May 6, 2011, was helmed by Kenneth Branagh and made $65 million domestically over its opening weekend. It went on to collect $448 million worldwide.
Jenkins is most well-known for directing 2003’s Monster, which garnered star Charlize Theron an Oscar. She also received an Emmy nomination for directing the pilot of AMC’s The Killing. Most recently, Jenkins, who has also directed episodes of Entourage and Arrested Development, directed, Pearl, one of the five short films that made up Lifetime’s original movie Five.
Jenkins is represented by CAA, Anonymous Content, and Alan Wertheimer.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Leonardo DiCaprio Hangs Out Shirtless with Girlfriend Toni Garrn for Relaxing Yacht Afternoon
- Maggie Gyllenhaal Makes Her 'Honorable Woman' Screening a Date Night with Peter Sarsgaard!
- Nicki Minaj's Totally Bare Butt is On Full Display in 'Anaconda' Cover Art!
- Even Leighton Meester Uses Uber to Get Around New York City!