Official: 'Thor 2' to Be Directed by Patty Jenkins
Jenkins will be Marvel Studios' first female director.
Patty Jenkins will direct Thor 2, Marvel Studios officially announced on Thursday. Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Natalie Portman will all return for the sequel.
Disney also announced that Thor 2 will be moved from its July 26, 2013, release date to Nov. 15, 2013. For those who can't wait to see Thor and Loki return to the screen, both Hemsworth and Hiddleston will play their roles in Marvel's upcoming superhero ensemble film, The Avengers, which is set to hit theaters May 4, 2012.
Thor, which hit theaters on May 6, 2011, was helmed by Kenneth Branagh and made $65 million domestically over its opening weekend. It went on to collect $448 million worldwide.
Jenkins is most well-known for directing 2003’s Monster, which garnered star Charlize Theron an Oscar. She also received an Emmy nomination for directing the pilot of AMC’s The Killing. Most recently, Jenkins, who has also directed episodes of Entourage and Arrested Development, directed, Pearl, one of the five short films that made up Lifetime’s original movie Five.
Jenkins is represented by CAA, Anonymous Content, and Alan Wertheimer.
Follow Heat Vision
- Hulu's April Fools' Gag 'Hulu Pets' Is A Pretty Convincing Streaming Service
- Watch Taylor Swift And Camila Cabello Totally Fangirl After Hearing Fifth Harmony On The Radio
- 'Black Girls Are Magic': Latest Episode Of 'Being Mary Jane' Powerfully Explores Race And Beauty With Real-Life Activists
- Scott Eastwood On His Gay Fans, Same-Sex Marriage And Whether Or Not A Gay Role Is In His Future
- Zayn Malik Struggled the Most With One Direction Tour Demands, 'This Is Us' Director Says
- Kim Kardashian is Told She May Not Be Able to Have More Kids in New 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Clips (Video)
- Zoe Saldana Wants Twins Cy & Bowie to Be Super Stylish!
- Shia LaBeouf Explains Why It's Insane Being an Actor