Official: 'Thor 2' to Be Directed by Patty Jenkins
Jenkins will be Marvel Studios' first female director.
Patty Jenkins will direct Thor 2, Marvel Studios officially announced on Thursday. Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Natalie Portman will all return for the sequel.
Disney also announced that Thor 2 will be moved from its July 26, 2013, release date to Nov. 15, 2013. For those who can't wait to see Thor and Loki return to the screen, both Hemsworth and Hiddleston will play their roles in Marvel's upcoming superhero ensemble film, The Avengers, which is set to hit theaters May 4, 2012.
Thor, which hit theaters on May 6, 2011, was helmed by Kenneth Branagh and made $65 million domestically over its opening weekend. It went on to collect $448 million worldwide.
Jenkins is most well-known for directing 2003’s Monster, which garnered star Charlize Theron an Oscar. She also received an Emmy nomination for directing the pilot of AMC’s The Killing. Most recently, Jenkins, who has also directed episodes of Entourage and Arrested Development, directed, Pearl, one of the five short films that made up Lifetime’s original movie Five.
Jenkins is represented by CAA, Anonymous Content, and Alan Wertheimer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10