'Thor: The Dark World' Gets 'Avengers'-Themed TV Spot (Video)
Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman return for the Marvel Studios sequel.
Thor: The Dark World's first TV spot aims to hook viewers in with a little Avengers nostalgia.
Thor (Chris Hemsworth), who was stranded in Asgard at the end of his 2011 solo film but returned to Earth for last summer's The Avengers, must explain to his romantic interest why he didn't have time to stop by and say hello when he was on the planet.
"I saw you with the Avengers," Jane (Natalie Portman) says accusingly. "I fought to protect Earth," Thor says, before Jane admits the excuse is "not terrible." Soon after, the two are whisked away to Asgard, where they must seek out the advice of Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in order to learn how to defeat a foe.
But first Jane sucker punches Loki -- who led an attack on Earth in The Avengers -- saying, "This was for New York." Loki is amused, remarking, "I like her."
Thor: The Dark World also stars Stellan Skarsgard, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings and Ray Stevenson.
The Marvel Studios film, from director Alan Taylor, hits theaters Nov. 8.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Ted Nugent Show Canceled After Native-American Tribe Hears About Rocker's 'Racist And Hate-Filled Remarks'
- Stephen Colbert Asks Nancy Pelosi If She Has Naked Pictures Of John Boehner
- Even Government Agencies Play The 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' Game, And Here's Proof
- Jon Stewart Learns What Happens When You Criticize Israel