'Thor: The Dark World' Gets 'Avengers'-Themed TV Spot (Video)
Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman return for the Marvel Studios sequel.
Thor: The Dark World's first TV spot aims to hook viewers in with a little Avengers nostalgia.
Thor (Chris Hemsworth), who was stranded in Asgard at the end of his 2011 solo film but returned to Earth for last summer's The Avengers, must explain to his romantic interest why he didn't have time to stop by and say hello when he was on the planet.
"I saw you with the Avengers," Jane (Natalie Portman) says accusingly. "I fought to protect Earth," Thor says, before Jane admits the excuse is "not terrible." Soon after, the two are whisked away to Asgard, where they must seek out the advice of Loki (Tom Hiddleston) in order to learn how to defeat a foe.
But first Jane sucker punches Loki -- who led an attack on Earth in The Avengers -- saying, "This was for New York." Loki is amused, remarking, "I like her."
Thor: The Dark World also stars Stellan Skarsgard, Idris Elba, Anthony Hopkins, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings and Ray Stevenson.
The Marvel Studios film, from director Alan Taylor, hits theaters Nov. 8.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Old Dogs & New Tricks: The Oral History of a 'Gay' Web Series (Part 2)
- Steven Tyler Wails 'Dream On' In Maui Like It's 1973
- HuffPost Live's 'Spoiler Alert' Looks Back At This Season's Earliest TV Cancellations
- Remembering Mike Nichols, His Insight and His Introduction to Jacqueline Kennedy at El Morocco
- Beyonce Shows Off Her Booty in Hilarious Made-at-Home Music Video for '7/11'
- Nina Dobrev Celebrates RH Atlanta's Gallery Opening
- Colin Farrell on Set of 'True Detective' Will Get You Pumped Up for the Second Season
- How To Get Away With Murder's Karla Souza & Katie Findlay Celebrate The Golden Globes