Tim Burton in Talks to Direct 'Beetlejuice 2'
The script for "Beetlejuice 2" is written by Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg.
Tim Burton is mulling a return to the world of his 1988 classic Beetlejuice.
Sources say that Burton has the offer from Warner Bros. to direct the movie, on which he is already a producer with David Geffen.
But insiders say that Burton has yet to read the latest draft of the script, which is by Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg. (Grahame-Smith penned the scripts for Burton’s Dark Shadows and the Burton-produced Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, based on his own novel.)
The involvement of Michael Keaton, who played the titular ghost, is up in the air at this stage.
And it’s by no means his next movie. That would be Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, which is set up at Fox.
That movie, an adaptation of a Ransom Riggs' YA novel, has a release date of July 15, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR