Tim Burton in Talks to Direct 'Beetlejuice 2'
The script for "Beetlejuice 2" is written by Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg.
Tim Burton is mulling a return to the world of his 1988 classic Beetlejuice.
Sources say that Burton has the offer from Warner Bros. to direct the movie, on which he is already a producer with David Geffen.
But insiders say that Burton has yet to read the latest draft of the script, which is by Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg. (Grahame-Smith penned the scripts for Burton’s Dark Shadows and the Burton-produced Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, based on his own novel.)
The involvement of Michael Keaton, who played the titular ghost, is up in the air at this stage.
And it’s by no means his next movie. That would be Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, which is set up at Fox.
That movie, an adaptation of a Ransom Riggs' YA novel, has a release date of July 15, 2014.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Sandra Bullock Celebrates Her 50th Birthday At Cowboy Bar In Wyoming
- Chadwick Boseman On James Brown: 'There Is A Certain Amount Of Cutthroat-ness To Him'
- Sharon Stone On Surviving Her Brain Aneurysm: 'I Was Burned To The Ground' (VIDEO)
- George R.R. Martin Says 'South Park' Got One Major Thing Wrong