Steven Spielberg, Peter Jackson's 'Adventures of Tintin' to Close Out AFI Fest (Exclusive)
U.S. audiences will get a sneak-peak of the animated features ahead of its Dec. 21 debut.
Those who can't wait for The Adventures of Tintin to hit North American shores may have a shot at seeing the movie early, in just less than two weeks.
The Steven Spielberg-directed and Peter Jackson-produced animated feature, already a hit in Europe, doesn't open domestically until Dec. 21, but it will make an early appearance in Los Angeles as the closing night film at AFI Fest on Nov. 10, according to sources.
The 25th edition of the festival, produced under the auspices of the American Film Festival, has not yet announced its closing night feature, and declined comment on the prospect of Tintin.
AFI Fest kicks off Thursday with the premiere of Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, the J. Edgar Hoover biopic starring Leonardo DiCaprio. The festival runs until November 10 but has not yet officially announced its closing night film.
Tintin, which is giving Spielberg some of his best reviews in years, played in its entirety at ShowEast, held last week. The movie grossed a fantastic $55.8 million since it began its international roll-out October 26.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR