Titan to Launch New 'Doctor Who' Comics
Its publisher will debut a monthly series focusing on the David Tennant and Matt Smith versions of the character this summer.
Matt Smith may have regenerated into Peter Capaldi in the last episode of the BBC's Doctor Who, but the Eleventh Doctor lives on -- as does the Tenth -- in two new series from Titan Comics to launch this summer.
Instead of one single Doctor Who series, Titan's Who line launches with two ongoing monthly titles, centering on the most recent versions of the long-running character: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor by Nick Abadzis and Elena Casagrande, and Doctor Who: The Eleventh Doctor by Al Ewing, Rob Williams and Simon Fraser.
Details of the plots of the first storylines for each title are being kept under wraps for now -- as are any plans for a surely inevitable series based upon Capaldi's current incarnation of the character. (That, presumably, will be kept back to coincide with the actor's first season later this year.) Both Doctor Who series will debut in comic stores and digitally on July 23.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'