Tom Cruise Attached to Star in 'Yukikaze' Adaptation for Warner Bros.
The studio has picked up the movie rights to the book by Japanese author Chohel Kamayashi.
Tom Cruise has signed on for yet another sci-fi project.
The actor is attached to star in Yukikaze, an adaptation from Warner Bros. of a series of Japanese novels by Chohel Kamayashi The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The popular novels previously were adapted into five direct-to-video anime movies, two of which won animation awards.
The premise sees a planetary defense force beat back an invasion of aliens using a wormhole over Antarctica, setting up bases on the aliens' planet. Yukikaze is the name of the advanced reconnaissance fighter plane the hero uses on his missions.
Erwin Stoff and Tom Lassally are producing.
The move continues Cruise’s sci-fi streak. The actor is in the middle of an international rollout for Oblivion, the sleek post-apocalyptic movie from Universal and Joseph Kosinski. Cruise also has All You Need Is Kill, an alien war movie that is set for a March 4 release from Warners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche