Tom Cruise's Female Lead Cast in 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
Alicia Vikander will star opposite Cruise and Armie Hammer in Warner Bros.' big-screen adaptation of the 1960s spy show.
Rising Swedish actress Alicia Vikander is in negotiations for the female lead opposite Tom Cruise and Armie Hammer in Warner Bros.’ Man From U.N.C.L.E. movie.
Guy Ritchie is on board to direct the adaptation of the classic 1960s TV series that followed the spy adventures of American agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin. Cruise is playing Solo, while Hammer is playing Kuryakin.
Vikander will play a British agent who has a thing for cars. The character did not appear in the TV series nor the short-lived spinoff, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E., and is a new creation.
Lionel Wigram and John Davis are producing.
Vikander appeared with Keira Knightley in Joe Wright’s adaptation of Anna Karenina, which led to work in several American productions. She will appear in Legendary’s fantasy The Seventh Son and recently wrapped DreamWorks' Wikileaks movie The Fifth Estate.
Vikander is repped by UTA. She also is repped by Charles Collier and Angharad Wood at Tavistockwood in the U.K. and Laura Munsterjhelm in Sweden.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!
- Britney Spears Details 'Sh-tty' Day in Video After Her Breakup