Tom Cruise's 'Oblivion' Reveals Secrets in International Trailer (Video)
Director Joseph Kosinski’s sci-fi epic also stars Morgan Freeman.
It’s high stakes in the new trailer for Tom Cruise’s Oblivion, in which the actor appears to be fighting for the survival of the human race.
Taking place 60 years after an alien attack rendered Earth uninhabitable, Cruise plays Jack Harper, a drone repairman who helps maintain machines that continue to mine the planet for natural resources.
The trailer delves a little deeper into plot points that had been hinted at in previous spots. It is becoming more clear that Cruise’s character has been lied to. For starters, he discovers human survivors in some sort of suspended animation, and he's beginning to have memories of Earth before the attack -- a time presumably before he was born. Here's the kicker: A mysterious man played by Morgan Freeman kidnaps him and says he's been lied to.
From Tron: Legacy helmer Joseph Kosinski, the sci-fi film is slated to hit theaters April 12. It also stars Olga Kurylenko (Quantam of Solace) and Andrea Riseborough.
Watch the video above.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film