Tom Hiddleston to Star in Guillermo del Toro's 'Crimson Peak'
The "Avengers" actor is replacing Benedict Cumberbatch in the thriller.
Tom Hiddleston is replacing Benedict Cumberbatch in Crimson Peak, a gothic film to be directed by Guillermo del Toro.
The thriller, which will also feature Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska and Charlie Hunnam, has set a start date of January 2014 to begin shooting.
Legendary, which covered 75 percent of the budget for del Toro's Pacific Rim, will produce and provide financing, while Universal Pictures will have the option to come on board as a finance partner at a later date.
Cumberbatch exited Crimson Peak in late August. There wasn't a reason given for the departure at the time, although sources told THR that it wasn't due to a conflict with another project.
Hiddleston, who played Loki in The Avengers, is set to appear in November's Marvel sequel Thor: The Dark World. The actor was also cast in Muppets Most Wanted, which has set a March 2014 release date.
He is repped by WME in the U.S.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!