Tomorrowland Music Festival Getting Comic Book Series (Exclusive)
Eisner-winning writer Paul Jenkins is teaming with Titan Comics to tackle the popular electronic dance gala.
Fans of the electronic dance music festival Tomorrowland will soon be able to pick up a comic book inspired by the fest.
Eisner-award winning writer Paul Jenkins (Spider-Man) is teaming with the art team at Stellar Labs for a four-issue limited series to be published in July by Titan Comics, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The series will follow DJs Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, who have become the face of Tomorrowland in recent years. The pair are tasked with saving the creative spark essential to fest, which is threatened by forces that would destroy it.
Tomorrowland also explores the notion that there are two worlds. There is the one we can see, which includes religious extremism and political nastiness, and then there is the world of senses, in which feeling, music and science are intertwined.
“This is a chance to integrate a storyline into the festival itself,” says Jenkins. “Those attending the show will see the comic elements appear around them and on stage scenes. The world of the graphic novel will come alive!”
The fest, first held in 2005 in Boom, Belgium has hosted performances by Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, David Guetta, Swedish House Mafia, Skrillex, Fatboy Slim, Avicii, Carl Cox, as well as Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike.
"Paul Jenkins is one of our heroes,” say DJs Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike. “We loved working with him on this story and the way he brought this to the next level. We just created a new universe that we're going to expand exponentially in the next few years!"
This year the fest is expanding outside of Belgium for the first time, and will be coming to Chattahoochee Hills, Ga. Sept. 27-29. It’s July edition in Belgium has proved incredibly popular, and sold out its 180,000 tickets in less than one second. Pepole from 214 countries are expected to attend.
Tomorrowland No. 1 will hit comic stores on July 17, and will also be available on iPad, iPhone, Web, Android and Kindle Fire, exclusively through the comiXology app and comiXology.com.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!