'Tomorrowland' Plot Synopsis Revealed as Filming Begins
Brad Bird's upcoming pic starring George Clooney will hit theaters in December 2014.
When Brad Bird and Damon Lindelof took the stage at Disney's D23 Expo in early August to talk about their upcoming project Tomorrowland, their presentation left the audience a bit confused.
They unpacked items from a box they said was discovered deep within the Disney archives. They said the items -- which included a magazine, a fake photo of Walt Disney with Amelia Earhart and an animated clip about the dangers of technology -- were the inspiration for their upcoming film.
But they didn't provide any more information about the mystery project, which left some people wondering what exactly this film would be about.
On Monday, Disney announced that Tomorrowland is beginning principal photography in Vancouver, and finally provided a more in-depth plot synopsis for all those people wondering what the story would be.
It reads: "Bound by a shared destiny, a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity and a former boy-genius inventor jaded by disillusionment embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space that exists in their collective memory as 'Tomorrowland.' "
The film stars George Clooney, Hugh Laurie, Britt Robertson, Raffey Cassidy and Thomas Robinson. Bird will direct and produce, and he co-wrote the script with Lindelof (also a producer) based on a story by Bird, Lindelof and Jeff Jensen. Jeffrey Chernov is also producing.
Jensen and John Walker will executive produce with Bernard Bellew and Tom Peitzman co-producing.
Disney's mysterious Tomorrowland will open in theaters Dec. 12, 2014.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Andrew Garfield Touches Down in Venice After Emma Stone
- Sophia Bush Sends Congrats to Pal Aaron Paul For Emmy Win!
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale