'Scandal' Star Tony Goldwyn Joins 'Divergent'
He will play Shailene Woodley's father in the Summit adaptation.
Scandal star Tony Goldwyn has joined the cast of Divergent.
Set in a future world, Divergent centers on Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley), who is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent dangerous before it is too late.
Goldwyn will play Andrew Prior, Tris' father in Summit's big-screen adaptation of Veronica Roth's best-selling young adult novel. THR broke the news April 12 that Ashley Judd is playing Tris' mother, Natalie.
Woodley toplines the film alongside Theo James and Kate Winslet. Ray Stevenson, Maggie Q, Mekhi Phifer, Jai Courtney, Miles Teller, Zoe Kravitz and Ansel Elgort co-star. Neil Burger is directing. Production began last week in Chicago.
Summit will release Divergent on March 21, 2014.
Goldwyn, also a director, stars on ABC's Scandal as President Fitzgerald "Fitz" Grant. His credits include Ghost, The Last Samurai, The Pelican Brief, Nixon, Kiss the Girls and The Substance of Fire.
He is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chris Hemsworth Supports His Fellow Superheroes at 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere!
- Reportedly Pregnant Zoe Saldana Wears Billowy Dress to 'Guardians of the Galaxy' UK Premiere
- Rachel McAdams Exits NYC Before 'A Most Wanted Man' Hits Theatres Everywhere!
- Thandie Newton's Clown Purse is Our Favorite New Accessory!