Toronto 2011: Icon Takes Australia Rights to Horror Pic 'You're Next' As Paramount Joins U.S. Suitors (Exclusive)
The film by Adam Wingard played in the Midnight Madness section of the festival.
As U.S. buyers continue to zero in on You’re Next, one sale already has emerged: Icon has picked up Australian rights to the hot horror movie directed by Adam Wingard.
Meanwhile, on the North American side, Paramount is the latest to show interest in the movie, via its underused low-budget horror label Insurge. The company now joins TWC/Dimension, CBS Films and Lionsgate among the U.S. distributors showing intense interest. Lionsgate, according to sources, is the only one that has made a bid.
As Heat Vision reported earlier, the movie played extremely well at Saturday's Midnight Madness sidebar. We're not afraid to say it: this is the stand-up and cheer horror movie of the year.
You're Next features a family being hunted by a group of sadistic murderers at a reunion getaway. There was a second-day screening of the movie Sunday and sources say it was after this screening that Paramount decided to take a closer look at the film.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Bedlam Overtakes Jane Austen, While F. Scott Fitzgerald Sings
- 'Free The Nipple' Trailer Shows Women Fighting For Equality Through The Right To Bare Chests
- Jimmy Kimmel Gets Into Bathroom Brawl With Freddie Wong Over Their Necktie Knowledge
- Carla Ferrigno, Angela Leslie And Louisa Moritz Come Forward With Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Vanessa Hudgens Says Gigi On Broadway Role Is 'A Dream Come True'
- Joey King, Peyton List, Sabrina Carpenter & More Fresh Faces Hit Just Jared's Homecoming Dance
- Christian Grey Asks Anastasia Steele to Trust Him in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' New Trailer - Watch Now!
- Harry Styles Addresses Rumors That He Bought 1,989 Roses For Taylor Swift - Watch Now!