Toronto 2011: Icon Takes Australia Rights to Horror Pic 'You're Next' As Paramount Joins U.S. Suitors (Exclusive)
The film by Adam Wingard played in the Midnight Madness section of the festival.
As U.S. buyers continue to zero in on You’re Next, one sale already has emerged: Icon has picked up Australian rights to the hot horror movie directed by Adam Wingard.
Meanwhile, on the North American side, Paramount is the latest to show interest in the movie, via its underused low-budget horror label Insurge. The company now joins TWC/Dimension, CBS Films and Lionsgate among the U.S. distributors showing intense interest. Lionsgate, according to sources, is the only one that has made a bid.
As Heat Vision reported earlier, the movie played extremely well at Saturday's Midnight Madness sidebar. We're not afraid to say it: this is the stand-up and cheer horror movie of the year.
You're Next features a family being hunted by a group of sadistic murderers at a reunion getaway. There was a second-day screening of the movie Sunday and sources say it was after this screening that Paramount decided to take a closer look at the film.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images