Toronto 2011: Icon Takes Australia Rights to Horror Pic 'You're Next' As Paramount Joins U.S. Suitors (Exclusive)
The film by Adam Wingard played in the Midnight Madness section of the festival.
As U.S. buyers continue to zero in on You’re Next, one sale already has emerged: Icon has picked up Australian rights to the hot horror movie directed by Adam Wingard.
Meanwhile, on the North American side, Paramount is the latest to show interest in the movie, via its underused low-budget horror label Insurge. The company now joins TWC/Dimension, CBS Films and Lionsgate among the U.S. distributors showing intense interest. Lionsgate, according to sources, is the only one that has made a bid.
As Heat Vision reported earlier, the movie played extremely well at Saturday's Midnight Madness sidebar. We're not afraid to say it: this is the stand-up and cheer horror movie of the year.
You're Next features a family being hunted by a group of sadistic murderers at a reunion getaway. There was a second-day screening of the movie Sunday and sources say it was after this screening that Paramount decided to take a closer look at the film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR