Toronto 2011: Lionsgate and Grindstone Pick Up Supernatural Thriller 'Enter Nowhere' (Exclusive)
Sara Paxton stars in the pic, which is set in a mysterious forest.
Grindstone Entertainment and Lionsgate have acquired North American distribution rights to Enter Nowhere, the thriller directed by Jack Heller, one of the principals of management-production outfit Caliber Media Co.
Described as having shades of The Twilight Zone and Lost, the pic tells of four strangers who find themselves stranded in a mysterious forest. The strangers seek shelter in an abandoned cabin and must learn to trust one another and work together to find a way out of the woods.
Sara Paxton (Shark Night 3D), Scott Eastwood (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D), and Kathryn Waterston (The Babysitters) star in the movie, which will premiere next month at ScreamFest in Los Angeles.
International rights for the film are being handled by Indomina, who have sold several territories already and will organize future screenings at AFM in November.
Shawn Christensen (Abduction) and Jason Dolan wrote the script, which was produced by Heller and his Caliber Media Co. partner Dallas Sonnier.
Grindstone’s Barry Brooker and Stan Wertlieb and Preferred Content's Kevin Iwashina made the deal.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)