Toronto 2011: Lionsgate and Grindstone Pick Up Supernatural Thriller 'Enter Nowhere' (Exclusive)
Sara Paxton stars in the pic, which is set in a mysterious forest.
Grindstone Entertainment and Lionsgate have acquired North American distribution rights to Enter Nowhere, the thriller directed by Jack Heller, one of the principals of management-production outfit Caliber Media Co.
Described as having shades of The Twilight Zone and Lost, the pic tells of four strangers who find themselves stranded in a mysterious forest. The strangers seek shelter in an abandoned cabin and must learn to trust one another and work together to find a way out of the woods.
Sara Paxton (Shark Night 3D), Scott Eastwood (Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D), and Kathryn Waterston (The Babysitters) star in the movie, which will premiere next month at ScreamFest in Los Angeles.
International rights for the film are being handled by Indomina, who have sold several territories already and will organize future screenings at AFM in November.
Shawn Christensen (Abduction) and Jason Dolan wrote the script, which was produced by Heller and his Caliber Media Co. partner Dallas Sonnier.
Grindstone’s Barry Brooker and Stan Wertlieb and Preferred Content's Kevin Iwashina made the deal.
Follow Heat Vision
- Netflix Wants Cary Fukunaga’s Beasts of No Nation, Starring Idris Elba
- Lorne Michaels Is Bringing Saturday Night Live to China
- Woman Accuses Bill Cosby of Raping Her Twice
- This Cut Saturday Night Live Fifty Shades of Grey Parody Answers the Question, ‘How Many Contractors Does It Take to Install a Sex Swing?’
- Jimmy Kimmel Takes On Anti-Vaxxers in Hilarious Sketch - Watch Now!
- People Behind 'The Dress' Divulge All the Details of What Happened on 'Ellen' - Watch Now!
- Hilary Duff on Life After Divorce: 'I Don't Know if People Are Meant to Be Together Forever'
- Carrie Underwood & Husband Mike Fisher Welcome Baby Boy Isaiah Michael!