Toronto 2011: 'The Raid' Getting Re-Scored By Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda
The raucous midnight movie about a SWAT team battling martial artists and machete-wielding drug dealers will get new music following its premiere.
Hot off of its raucous debut during TIFF’s Midnight Madness section, The Raid is getting a brand new score from Linkin Park’s Mike Shinoda.
Shinoda will collaborate with director Gareth Evans and Sony Pictures World Acquisitions on the music, with the film being Shinoda’s first feature score.
SPWA made the announcement in Toronto.
“Dropping a brand new score by Mike Shinoda on it will be like adding a whole new main character to a picture that’s already cranked to 11!,” said Dan Primozic, who negotiated the agreement on behalf of SPWA.
The Indonesian action movie, produced by PT. Merantau Films and XYZ Films, stars break-out martial artists Iko Uwais and Joe Taslim in a story about a SWAT team trapped in a tenement run by a mobster armed to the teeth with his own personal army of martial artists and machete-wielding drug dealers.
SPWA already has U.S. rights while Celluloid Nightmares is the worldwide sales agent for the film.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!