Toronto 2012: Sean Bean to Star in 'Scorched Earth'
Brad Turner of television's "24" will make his feature debut directing the post-apocalyptic action film.
TORONTO - Sean Bean is attached to star in Scorched Earth, a post-apocalyptic action film from Emmy-award winning television director Brad Turner (24).
The screenplay to Scorched Earth, from writers Bobby Mort and Kevin Leeson, sets the action in the future after an environmental disaster which left billions dead and turned the planet into a ravaged wasteland. Bean will play Atticus Gage, a bounty hunter, who receives the bounty of a lifetime to track the world's most wanted criminal in these devastated badlands.
Scorched Earth will be Turner's feature-film debut. The director/producer earned his stripes in the small screen, with more than 200 TV episodes to his credit. In addition to 24, Turner has also worked on shows including Homeland, Psych and Nikita, and served as a co-executive producer for the first season of CBS' Hawaii Five-0 .
Jamie Goehring and Leeson will produce Scorched Earth with Shawn Williamson and Daniel Zirilli on board as executive producers. VMI Worldwide is handling worldwide sales and is pitching the project to buyers at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR