'Total Recall' Debuts Teaser for the Teaser Trailer (Video)
Len Wiseman's forthcoming remake of Arnold Schwarzenegger's scifi classic stars Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel and Bryan Cranston.
Can there be such a thing as too much anticipation? Director Len Wiseman and Columbia Pictures are testing genre fans' appetite for piecemeal action with a teaser for a teaser trailer.
The studio announced today that it plans to premiere the trailer for Total Recall, Wiseman's remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzennegger scifi opus originally directed by Paul Verhoeven, during an NBA game Sunday between the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat. The game will be broadcast nationally on ABC.
Thus far Columbia has unveiled little of the movie, which stars Colin Ferrell, Kate Beckinsale, and Jessica Biel. That said, San Diego Comic-Con attendees may recognize some of the footage since snippets of it premiered during a 2011 panel for the film. (Then again, maybe not -- many of the effects were still unfinished at that time.) But this should be the first time for most moviegoers to get an idea of whether or not they want to get their asses to Mars -- again.
Total Recall opens August 3.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- The Abu Dhabi Diaries: Can a Film Festival Help Us Overcome Misconceptions, Conflicts and Stereotypes?
- Famed Elvis Photographer Alfred Wertheimer Dead At 85
- Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Naomi Watts Shares How She Conquered Fear of Working with Bill Murray on 'St. Vincent'
- Hilary Duff Joins Mariska Hargitay's Hubby on 'Younger' Set!
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'