'Total Recall' Debuts Teaser for the Teaser Trailer (Video)
Len Wiseman's forthcoming remake of Arnold Schwarzenegger's scifi classic stars Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel and Bryan Cranston.
Can there be such a thing as too much anticipation? Director Len Wiseman and Columbia Pictures are testing genre fans' appetite for piecemeal action with a teaser for a teaser trailer.
The studio announced today that it plans to premiere the trailer for Total Recall, Wiseman's remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzennegger scifi opus originally directed by Paul Verhoeven, during an NBA game Sunday between the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat. The game will be broadcast nationally on ABC.
Thus far Columbia has unveiled little of the movie, which stars Colin Ferrell, Kate Beckinsale, and Jessica Biel. That said, San Diego Comic-Con attendees may recognize some of the footage since snippets of it premiered during a 2011 panel for the film. (Then again, maybe not -- many of the effects were still unfinished at that time.) But this should be the first time for most moviegoers to get an idea of whether or not they want to get their asses to Mars -- again.
Total Recall opens August 3.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR