'Total Recall' Debuts Teaser for the Teaser Trailer (Video)
Len Wiseman's forthcoming remake of Arnold Schwarzenegger's scifi classic stars Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel and Bryan Cranston.
Can there be such a thing as too much anticipation? Director Len Wiseman and Columbia Pictures are testing genre fans' appetite for piecemeal action with a teaser for a teaser trailer.
The studio announced today that it plans to premiere the trailer for Total Recall, Wiseman's remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzennegger scifi opus originally directed by Paul Verhoeven, during an NBA game Sunday between the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat. The game will be broadcast nationally on ABC.
Thus far Columbia has unveiled little of the movie, which stars Colin Ferrell, Kate Beckinsale, and Jessica Biel. That said, San Diego Comic-Con attendees may recognize some of the footage since snippets of it premiered during a 2011 panel for the film. (Then again, maybe not -- many of the effects were still unfinished at that time.) But this should be the first time for most moviegoers to get an idea of whether or not they want to get their asses to Mars -- again.
Total Recall opens August 3.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Beyonce Shares Happy Family Photo with Jay Z & Blue Ivy Amid Rumors of Marriage Issues
- Jessica Chastain Begs Colin Farrell to Seduce Her in First 'Miss Julie' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Actress Carrie Preston to Reprise Her Fan Favorite Role on 'Good Wife'
- Cheryl Cole & New Husband Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini Match in Black at Wedding Party