Tracey Ullman in Talks to Join Disney's 'Into the Woods' (Exclusive)
Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, and Chris Pine are among those playing classic fairy tale characters in the adaptation of the Broadway musical.
Tracey Ullman is in negotiations to join the growing cast of Into the Woods, Disney’s adaptation of the Broadway musical being directed by Rob Marshall.
Ullman will join an all-star roster that is likley to include Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Emily Blunt, all of whom are in various stages of negotiations to be part of the production.
The play is a darkly comic mashup of classic fairy tales that revolves around a childless baker and his wife (Blunt), who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood.
Ullman will play the mother to Jack the Giant Killer, who has yet to be cast.
Streep is playing a witch and Depp is taking on a variation of the fairy tale wolf. Gyllenhaal and Pine play princes to Cinderella and Rapunzel.
The role will be Ullman’s first film gig since appearing in I Could Never Be Your Woman, a 2007 comedy by Amy Heckerling, which starred Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About 'Girls,' As Told By Jenni Konner
- Downloading Music Is Quickly Going Out Of Fashion
- Citizenfour Review: Quiet Moments in a Hong Kong Hotel Room as Edward Snowden, Journalists Fight to Save Democracy
- Polyenso's '17 New Years' Just Created Your New Favorite Genre Of Music
- Ryan Gosling Spotted for First Time Since His Baby's Birth!
- Hilary Swank, Ashlee Simpson & Evan Ross Have A Special Evening at Photographer Brian Bowen Smith's Wildlife Show
- Jennifer Lawrence's Umbrella Protects Her from the Sun!
- Evan Rachel Wood Snuggles Up with Katherine Moennig in First Pictures Together!