Trailer for Guillermo del Toro's 'Book of Life' Teases Magic and Love After Death (Video)
Love conquers death — or, at least, tries to — in the first trailer for the animated movie starring Channing Tatum and Zoe Saldana.
What happens when you bring Guillermo del Toro, Channing Tatum and Zoe Saldana together to make an animated movie? As the first trailer for 20th Century Fox and Reel FX’s The Book of Life reveals, the answer is “Something as magical, stylish and romantic as you’d expect.”
As if the intricate visuals weren’t enough to identify del Toro as a producer on the project, the vocal appearance of Ron Perlman should act as a strong hint. He voices a character alongside such talents as Christina Applegate, Diego Luna, Ice Cube and Danny Trejo in the CGI romantic comedy set during the Mexican holiday of the Day of the Dead.
Directed by El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera creator Jorge Gutierrez, and co-written by Gutierrez and Disney veteran Doug Langdale, Book of Life follows Manolo, a man who faces his greatest fears (and defies death itself) to be reunited with his true love, Maria.
The Book of Life is scheduled to hit theaters Oct. 17.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Brooks Wheelan on His Post-SNL Plans, Returning to a Days Inn Budget, and Taking Comedians Camping
- A Most Wanted Man Is an Unshapely Movie That Showcases Philip Seymour Hoffman at His Peak
- Seinfeld Might Come to Netflix
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe