Trailer Report: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Rules August Doldrums
For the first time in 2014, no new trailers debuted in the top 10
The dog days of August have hit trailer land.
For the first time in 2014, not a single debut trailer was among the week's 10 most viewed coming attractions on YouTube, according to Zefr, a technology firm that compiles the numbers.
Fifty Shades of Grey No. 1 was the most viewed trailer for the week ending Aug. 18, notching 3.6 million YouTube views and marking the second week it has topped the list (its debut week was the first). It has accumulated 56.7 million total views since premiering online July 24.
The trailer for Brad Pitt's World War II tank film Fury jumped from No. 19 to No. 3 with 2.0 million views this week and 10.1 million overall.
Also of note: Expendables 3 trailer No. 1, which finished in sixth place with 1.3 million views and 15.0 million overall, was the only currently playing movie among the top 10 trailers.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey Wishes Washington Redskins Logo Wouldn't Change
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Kim Kardashian, Even Though She Literally Shares Everything
- Gerard Parkes Dead At 90, Award-Winning Actor Best Known For 'Fraggle Rock' And 'Boondock Saints'
- Nicholas Brendon, 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer' Actor, Arrested In Idaho
- Oscar Pistorius Sentenced to 5 Years in Prison
- Nikki Reed Flies the Skies After Adopting Kitten with Boyfriend Ian Somerhalder
- Olivier Martinez Supports the Denver Broncos Before Sunday Night Football Game!
- Chloe Bennet Gets All Dolled Up for 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' PaleyFest - Watch The Full Panel Here!