Trailer Report: 'Fifty Shades' Preview Is Most Viewed Trailer of 2014
The coming attraction for the erotic drama based on the hit EL James novel notched over 36 million YouTube views in its first week.
The Fifty Shades phenomenon shows no signs of slowing down.
The first trailer for the erotic drama based on the best-selling EL James novel has racked up a stunning 36.4 million YouTube views since its release on July 24, according to technology firm Zefr, which tracks the numbers.
Fifty Shades had the best opening week for any trailer in 2014. The previous high was the 31 million views Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles got in its debut frame at the end of March. Godzilla and Transformers: Age of Extinction both notched 26.3 million views in their first weeks, while Dumb and Dumber Too did 23.5 million.
Transformers, which was released on June 27, has grossed about $966 million worldwide. Godzilla, which was released on May 16, has grossed about $498 million worldwide to date. TMNT hits theaters on Aug. 8, while Dumb and Dumber Too opens Nov. 14.
The Fifty Shades trailer was released so it could play before Lucy, the new action movie starring Scarlett Johansson.
Fifty Shades arrives in theaters Feb. 13, 2015 to take advantage of Valentine's Day weekend.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag