'Transformers 4' Poster Shows Optimus Prime's New House Pet
The latest iteration of the Robots in Disguise is "bigger and badder-ass" than the previous movie, according to producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
A new poster for Transformers: Age of Extinction has been released, highlighting one of the biggest changes for the franchise as it relaunches itself: This time, there are robotic dinosaurs to heighten the visual spectacle.
Revealed on the Den of Geek website, the new poster gives a better look at the new pairing glimpsed in the last trailer for the movie, with Optimus Prime astride Grimlock, defiantly holding his sword aloft.
The new poster signals the new beginning for the Michael Bay-directed series that producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura discussed with USA Today, saying that the new installment features familiar characters being “bigger and badder-ass than they have ever been.”
“Michael has always been conscientious about the need to keep topping 'the last one,’ ” the producer explained. “First, it was topping the animated Transformers television program; now we need to top our third movie.” Bay agreed, likening Age of Extinction to “Batman with a new suit.”
“We needed to change the look from top to bottom,” he said. Well, if giant robot T. Rexes don’t do the job, what will?
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Kelly Rowland Buys Belly Bandit For Growing Baby Bump
- Aubrey Plaza Supports Chris Pratt at 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Hollywood Premiere!
- Jason Derulo Hosts Vegas Pool Party While Recovering From a Broken Rib!