Hasbro Asks Fans to Create New Transformer
The toy company has set up an online poll to create the "Fan Built Bot."
Fans of Hasbro's Transformers brand -- young kids today or big kids who were fans of the '80s originals -- will now be able to weigh in on the newest member of the Transformers crew.
Hasbro announced Thursday that the "Fan Built Bot" online poll has begun, letting fans vote on every aspect of the new bot. Will it join Optimus Prime and Bumblebee on the side of the Autobots? Or will the news Transformer be on the side of evil with Megatron and the Decepticons?
That's up to the consumers to decide. Other categories open for voting will be the bot's vehicle (what it morphs into), color, personality and more. Fans will also get the chance to name the new Transformer, however the details of that poll have yet to be announced.
The new bot, which will live forever in the annals of Transformers history, will be revealed as a part of the brand's 30th anniversary, coming in 2014.
“This is the perfect way to kick off our anniversary celebration and the ‘Thrilling 30’ line of special edition figures," said Jay Duke, vice president of the Transformers brand at Hasbro. "It will be tremendous fun for everyone to keep track of the entire process from the designing of the character; leading up to its introduction as a toy and watching it become a part of the Transformers brand.”
Voting will run through May 5, and the results will be announced by Hasbro at this year's Comic-Con. Fans can vote daily at Transformers.com.vote.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip